• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a pair of Deuces (Added Pictures)

Bo1

I've been looking for almost a year, but could never seem to close on a deal. I found a guy in Dallas that has a few Deuces. We started talking and he started sending me pictures of his trucks. I finally decided that I would buy 2 of his winch trucks. One looks to be in very good shape and runs, but needs a little transmission work, and has some PTO stuff missing. The other truck does not look to be in as good of shape as the first one, but it runs and drives, and is missing a few things including a hood and top. The second truck also has air assist steering. I am hoping to build one solid truck, and either fix the other one up later, or just have a lot of spare parts.
My biggest dilemma now is trying to get 2 Deuces from Dallas to central Louisiana. I'm getting a price for a low-boy to pick up both and bring them to me, but I have a feeling that it is going to be cost prohibitive. The other option is to see if I can borrow my younger brothers dozer trailer and go pick them up. Not sure if my older GMC is up to that task or not. Either way, they are mine now, and I am very excited to get started on my new project.
Bo

Attachments

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your idea of building one complete truck from the second (all the best parts on one), and then having (or selling) the other spares.

Really cool either way. [thumbzup]

Keep us posted on your method to get them home and then all your work, er, I mean, play afterward. :)

dmetalmiki

Great find great project, those two trucks will certainly make for one good one. Keep the ongoing saga posted, and with pictures. The very best wishes in your quest.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I was seeing: You could flat-tow the Deuce that has tranny issues with the hood-less deuce that runs. Think of the good things about that! Less chance for overheating (no hood), and you immediately see any engine leaks developing. Oh, keep the windshield closed.

J- pipe mod on the towee, and off you go.

Then I woke up.

I hope the transport quote will be a good one!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think the old GMC will be up to the task. I pulled my M-61 5 ton on my 8,000lb 25' Gooseneck behind my old 84 F-250 with an IDI diesel with no problem. It didn't mind staying around 50. Least there aren't many hills in the Texas to Louisiana region. Those are some good finds. :goodjob:

Bo1

Well, It looks like I will be taking two trailers to Dallas to pick up the trucks myself. The quote I got for picking up both trucks was 3K. That is just not an option, and I think if we don't get in a hurry, me and my brother can pull them home without issue.

Bo1

Planning on making the trip to pick up the Deuces mid week next week. Going to head straight over to Garrets place to drop them off. He has graciously offered to assist me with getting them road worthy. Got some pictures of the data plates, and turbos last night.

Attachments

Bo1

Deuces are on the way home.. Made arrangements for a lowboy to back haul the two trucks from Fortworth area to my house (about 350 miles). They should be here around midnight tonight. I will try to get them over to Garret's place with my brothers trailer in the near future, so we can get started going through them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks