• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Las Cruces to.......wherever Kwai lives in Texas......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kwai, Steve,

Left here this morning in his M109, towing a M101 trailer with a Ford F250 towing the other M101 going back to the Ranch. The M109 is in good shape so he should have no problems other than dehydration ;) .......100+ here in New Mexico today!

Wish him luck!

nattieleather

Gotta watch that Kwai...he's starting his own command....one truck at a time... :) I read the subject line quickly and I thought it said Curses to Kwai... I thought oh boy what did he do now...lol.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I told him to call me if anything happened on the way home (as long as he was <500 miles away ;) ) no call yet, soooo, I'm thinking he made it, or is almost there.....

Barrman

We made it to his ranch 525 miles from FMJ about 13 hours after we left him. (It was nice to meet your FMJ!)

Kenny, I am so glad you showed us the "close the windows and vents but leave the front windshields open" trick in GA last fall. I was comfortable at 50 mph in 104+ degree temps going across West Texas.

54reo

Barrman said:
Kenny, I am so glad you showed us the "close the windows and vents but leave the front windshields open" trick in GA last fall.
I recalled reading about this, and it works great, another thank you to Kenny!

Barrman

Kwai has some pictures. Mine didn't make the trip from my home computer to my work computer for some reason last night. I will try again once I get home.

Barrman

The reason they didn't make it I would imagine is this. I sent 6 pictures along with a 1 minute video I had Colton film of me going through the gears at one stop. That video probably overloaded my dial up and caused an error. I will send them all individually tonight since my students are asking for pictures too.

Turns out my Gasser isn't as sluggish as I first thought. I have just been shifting it too early instead of winding it out.

Kwai

Ed was a great help. Picked up my truck (ft bliss) and 2 M101A1 trailers (santa fe) off-base and prepped it for the road. All for a couple of old tool boxes and a geared lug wrench.

The trucks is in great condition. 500 miles on the odometer before we left Las Cruces.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kwai said:
Ed was a great help. Picked up my truck (ft bliss) and 2 M101A1 trailers (santa fe) off-base and prepped it for the road. All for a couple of old tool boxes and a geared lug wrench.

The trucks is in great condition. 500 miles on the odometer before we left Las Cruces.
Good deal Steve,

I'm glad you had no problems! Hey, do me a favor and let me know if the Batts stay up, I had them on the solargizer for a week or so before you got here. The Vid's look really cool!, like the horn too....

Ed

Kwai

I used the horn a lot from Sonora to the ranch. Every time I passed deer I honked the horn and they would jump and run. Best entertainment I had the whole trip. Well, that and the 4 armadillos I flattened on the way up. Never hit a hoover hog before but they kept running out in front of my truck. stupid critters.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sounds like the suicidal New Mexico bunnies and jack rabbits, all they have to do is stay on the shoulder until I go past,.....BUT NOOOOO..........

DumbA$$ rabbits! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks