• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaf Spring Bushing

USMC6062

Does anyone know where to buy them, or has anyone replaced them? I bought a set of front springs and hangers the other day in case I want to bob my truck, but the bushings are a little loose and I might as well replace them before I put them in. Thanks, Alex

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check in your area for a spring/suspension shop that works on heavy commercial trucks. That is a common item that is often replaces when springs are re-worked. Check the pins too, for wear, but often its just the bushing.

Lee in Alaska

FSBruva

I would also check FLMV. They have a lot of parts that are not listed on their website.

Did you check Easternsurplus, Memphis or Alfaheaven?

Matt

USMC6062

I sorta planned on checking with the heavy truck suspension place here in Jax, but figured that someone had a source for them or knew for sure what size they are. I would like to have them when I tear it apart that way I could go right back together. I'll check with some of the sources you listed. Thanks, Alex

Jones

If they're flush on each end and have a cross bolt that retains them, in a perfect world they SHOULD just drive out. Load them up with grease or penetrating oil and make sure there's no load on them, then go for it with a piece of pipe (to protect the grease fitting) slightly smaller in diameter than the pin, and a hammer.
The ones that unscrew will have a hex end to accept a wrench; though I've seen them mostly on Jeeps.