• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leak at top of brake pedal

ssdvc

Hi All,

So I just got back from a quick trip to NH and when cleaning up the truck I noticed a few things. For this thread, I noticed that there was brake fluid leaking down into the footwell, coming from the piston attached to the brake cylinder. It is a fairly serious leak, but I still have plenty of fluid (and pressure) in the system.

What will it take to make a repair? Will I need a whole new Master Cylinder setup or is there a replaceable seal in there somewhere?

Thanks, and Happy Veterans Day to all that served and their families!!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not your master cylinder.
Sounds like your Hydro-boost is going bad. That's power steering fluid your seeing.

New one is due.

Search old threads. I think they are rebuildable. Not sure.

cucvrus

Tin Star has it correct. While you are in there you may as well change the master cylinder also. It is less than $25. and is warranted for life. Remember DOT 5 Silicone brake fluid. Bench bled the master cylinder and you can install it after the hydra-boost. Access to a 15mm swivel/ball sockets is recommended. Also a rebuilt hydra-boost is warranted for life at you know ( AZ). Always worked for me. Good Luck. follow instructions with new parts and the hydra-boost most times requires the re use of the old push rod. Easy to do on a scale of 1-10 about a 4.

ssdvc

OK, went to order the Hydro-boost section from AutoZone and the part is unavailable right now. Called NAPA and got the same story. AutoZone said they will get back to me in 24 to 48 hours and let me know when (if) the part will be available again. What a Bummer.

cucvrus

Fits Your Vehicle

IT FITS. This product is a fit for your: 1984 Chevrolet Truck Blazer 4WD 6.2L MFI Diesel OHV 8cyl

Part Number: 52-7248
Alternate Part Number: 62-11271
Warranty: Limited Lifetime

Pick Up In Store:
Order in Store

Ship To Home:
In Stock
Est. Delivery: Nov 18-21

Price: $ 151.99
Core:
$ 49.00
Total: $ 200.99
ADD TO CART

[h=5]Hot Deals & Savings
[/h]

FREE Shipping
On orders $75 or Greater and FREE Shipping to APO, FPO, DPO addresses. See Detail

ssdvc

RGR Rick, It says available on the site, but when you go to purchase it the site gives a no-go. Called customer service and they said they are not presently available. They will call/email and let me know what the story is going forward in 24-48 hours.

cucvrus

I hope that information helps Pal. I know I can get you one at other places also. That is a great deal. It is re manufactured in USA and has a lifetime warranty. I never returned one for warranty. I do have a few used ones. But I have not been putting anything used on anymore except sheet metal and glass. This stuff is getting old. I just put a re-manufactured steering box on a CUCV truck. I had several used ones on site here. But at less then $200. it was hands down the wisest decision. I don't care how low the mileage is.
Good Luck. I hope that information is helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks