• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking NP 208 transfer case need help

BostonPatriot28

I have a few problems all related to the NP 208 transfer case.

1) I leaked about 4-5 qts of Transmission fluid over 600 miles
2) I have located new seals however I guess there is 4 different one's
Part #'s are
Transtar transmission shop
Any help sorting these out is appreciated. i'm heading to Maine in the morning it'll be repaired when I get there

Attachments

fitz

I just sent you a text message.
When we talked earlier you said it was your front driveshaft seal that was leaking? I called auto zone in Braintree, they have the Timken seal in stock for $12. They open up at 07:30 tomorrow morning. I can pick it up and meet you along the way.

DieselBob

Be sure to carefully check the speedometer adapter. It has a “O” ring seal that will go bad and seep fluid. Very common issue when these units get some age.
Leak.jpg

BostonPatriot28

Thank you, I made it to Maine & back to West Virginia ok but I ended up using 7 qts to make sure the transmission got back in one piece. It is now at the shop that rebuilt it so I should find out soon! It didn't appear to be leaking from that o-ring however I will keep an eye on that.