• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leander Texas BBQ cookoff

Pawnshop

Last weekend the VFW post in Leander hosted a BBQ cookoff and they asked Lonestar MVPA if we could bring a few pieces of Green Iron for a static display and we were all too happy to oblige (there WAS a promise if free food involved:)). As it was an almost entirely SS member rally I thought I would post some photos. In attendance were:

M813RC: M813, M185A3, M1009 and M416
Reloader64: M35A2
Jeepjeep: M35A2
Buckmaw: M1009
Sarge: M1030B1 and Gamma Goat
Pawnshop: M109A3

We learned a few things: two shop vans a tarp and some rope make a nice big shady spot, there is NO bad food at a BBQ cookoff!

It was a beautiful weekend and a great time was had by all!

Sam R

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did he mention that we were fed like kings?:-D
And ate like pigs! :twisted:

I nominate my truck as the ugliest M185 around. I'm on a roll, I think my 1009 is the ugliest too, certainly in our group since Pinky isn't pink anymore.
But all that shall change!

As a 'first timer' staying in the back of a box truck, it was positively luxurious by comparison to even the M813 (which I thought was pretty good). I am spoiled now. :roll:

It is great to participate in such events, and with such great buddies.
When I got there, my bridge plate was missing a post that holds the numbers on and my truck had a box seat that despite it being original and a neat storage container, wreaked absolute havoc on my back (thanks to a helo crash many years ago). By the time I parked it Sunday evening, it had a new bridge plate installed (thanks Sam) and a spring seat (thanks Sam and Scott)!

Cheers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks