• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED lights on my M416

Pawnshop

I installed a set of surplus Trucklite Omnivolt LED tail lights on my M416 today along with a NOS wiring harness, thought you all might like to see the results. The harness went in easy, once I figured out which end goes in first! I had to put spacers between the bracket and the body to give enough standoff to clear the bigger buckets. I think these lights will make the little girl easier to see AND look a lot better than the civvie boat trailer lights that were on her...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good - I have to play with the M416 on this end this week, I'll use your mods as an example for mine. Thanks!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While the spacers look like they might allow wiggle, they do not. I gave them a good shake today, they are in fact very stable.
Since I am putting the bigger lights on mine too (not LEDs though) I will use the same spacer set up.

Cheers

vtdeucedriver

Hey!!!!!!! either of you using spacers!!!! WANT TO TRADE????? I have a set of brackets for the composit lights for the M416...........I need to modify them to use the older "cats eye" lights (sorry I am a purist for Vietnam Stuff) You HAVE THE BRACKETS I NEED!!!!!!
vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea to switch what y'all each have that the other needs. [thumbzup]

Anyone else want to trade their newer style light brackets (for the composite lights) for my older style ones? Since I tow my M416 behind a 1009, I'm most definitely post-Vietnam style.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks