• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift questions on M1008

mr.travo

I have been out of the "lift world" for several years. I am thinking about lifting my M1008 so I can put some Humvee tires on it. I don't want to trim fenders or anything.

Who is a good lift company that will not break the bank. What else will I need? Do I need to beef up the steering box supports?

I found skyjacker and superlift on 4 wheel parts website. I had used Skyjacker in the past and I like it. I have heard that superlift uses lesser quality for their leafs and they settle unevenly.

steved454

I just put on my 37 inch humvee tires on yesterday. there is a story with that but I am not going to hijack your thread.
4 1/2 inch spring lift price $800 included new shocks and pitman arm.
the tires clear with no problem, have not tested it off road yet. will post you a pic tomorrow when I get off work. I have put pro comp lifts and skyjacker lifts on my chevy trucks and had no trouble. the question is do you want lift blocks in the rear or not, then go from there.

TCUCV

I'm ordering the ruff country 3/4 ton 4" lift kit w/ new shocks all the way around and blocks in the rear for now, less than $500 shipped to me...I can always do new rear springs later on. I am also putting on a set of 36/12.50/r16.5 hummer tires and wheels.:beer: Good luck on your decision

Matt65

The link in my signature will have my lift specs. I was on a budget as well and used a drop pittman, no brace. So far no trouble, but also primarily use my truck to work. It rarely sees any heavy off roading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks