• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lithium compatible battrery isolator /charge controller 24v/48v

coachgeo

Nothing. It's used as a buzzword. Apparently, it worked. :ROFLMAO:

Just like 'Digital TV antenna'......
wondered about that... get feeling that one leg gets wired to Lead Acid start/run batts and other leg to a lithium charger*..and that then that goes to the LiPO4 battery

Charger might need to be proprietary .. or a proprietary lithium battery with proprietary BMS that limits alt and/or cuts off alt. pre float or something like that

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wondered about that... get feeling that one leg gets wired to Lead Acid start/run batts and other leg to a lithium charger*..and that then that goes to the LiPO4 battery

Charger might need to be proprietary .. or a proprietary lithium battery with proprietary BMS that limits alt and/or cuts off alt. pre float or something like that
It's a voltage controlled switch.

Once voltage gets above a set point it engages the relay.

It's so the engine starts and charges the primary battery then the relay engages to send juice to the auxiliary/house batteries.

Reworked LMTV

Expedition Campers Limited, LLC
Supporting Vendor
Alternator lithium charge controller?/isolator 24v/48v just came across this... Might be great deal guys-n-gals.... IMHO grab one now at this sale price https://www.invertersupply.com/inde...MIyoalrsa1hgMVakhHAR3zXA-YEAQYAyABEgIgUvD_BwE

Granted I dont really understand how this thang works.... such as does it require special BMS on battery orr?? .
I use 3 Midnight Solar MPPT's. Victron has largest market share on charge controllers in RV's, but not sure that they are the best.

coachgeo

Nothing. It's used as a buzzword. Apparently, it worked. :ROFLMAO:

Just like 'Digital TV antenna'......
looking closer... apparently there is more to this that just buzzword. It has a place on it to plug Lithium battery BMS up to it. My guess is when Lithium bank is full the BMS triggers the relay to NOT have the relay click over to send any voltage down that lithium charge terminal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks