• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Mechanic in the Baltimore MD area to work on 1985 HMMVW electrical

redlion42

Have a 1985 HMMVW, 24V system and it has an electrical issue. The lights aren't working! Need to get it repaired to obtain Maryland Inspection to get it on the road. Haven't been able to find a local mechanic who will touch it. Appreciate any help & suggestions.

KansasBobcat

Look at T M9-2320-280-20-1 page 2-56 and try following the flow chart Read thru page 2-66. You might print these pages and take to mechanic and they might be more willing to help you. I always do this. Good luck,Bob

Jakelc15

I'm probably farther away than Ollie, but if he can't get to it let me know. I'll work on it for you or I have a buddy that's really good with specialty vehicles in Severn MD.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Jake also has a tractor-trailer that can accelerate while going uphill at a 90 degree angle. Just look at his avatar.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be more specific...what light? Have you checked the bulbs on affected lights? Or is it just all of them? If all of them its a
Possible bad 3 lever light switch...also make sure the lower left lever is set correctly. It kills the headlights even if the upper right switch is in service mode. I have replaced many 3 lever switches here in the shop, all causing various issues.
disconnect the batteries when replacing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks