• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

looking to do spin on fuel filter w/hand primer and 12v heater

cucv1833

Check out Racor there probaly the most expensive but they have the primer, heater,water in fuel if you want it. i wanted to get the the R445T 10 micron for my cucv but no issues yet . I run racor on my boat.

jdeoliveira74

Check out Racor there probaly the most expensive but they have the primer, heater,water in fuel if you want it. i wanted to get the the R445T 10 micron for my cucv but no issues yet . I run racor on my boat.
hey when you did yours did you have to re run fuel lines and set it up on the suction side of the fuel pump instead of pressure side?

jdeoliveira74

I got it off ebay... it was $169 not bad it has the 12v heater which i still need to hook up but i got some time. The stock unit had the heater as well does anyone know which wire turns it on? This unit is heated by a gm glow plug and came with a resistor i guess to keep it from getting too hot! no schematic

unaffiliated

The primer assembly on this unit looks just like the one Mercedes used on their diesels up until about 1976. I have several filter heads and primer assemblies like that since I have over 100 Mercedes parts cars. I like the idea of free mod parts so I think I will try this route. The filters are much cheaper too. It doesn't have the water separator but it works for Mercedes and they still use similar technology. I'll get some pics and let everyone know how it works out.

kenz5380

So what is the brand name and everything? Did you end up moving the filter to the suction side of things? That looks like a pretty nice setup, I'd like the details because I'd like to copy it.

unaffiliated

they guy I purchased it from does alot with wvo and Mercedes
WVO is very popular with older Mercedes because of the design of the fuel injection system. I don't plan on running WVO in my Mercedes or my CUCV, it is too much trouble to collect it and clean it up. I do however plan on running 50/50 Diesel/WMO at least during the warmer months. I have a pretty good supply of oil in my junk cars, plus I still service some customers cars too. I like the idea of free fuel. I probably will get a filter setup to use 2 micron filters at that time, or just filter it before dumping it in the tank.

35Z-SGM

I have been looking at a Racor and if I purchase one with a heater it may require a heater relay?? Still researching this. Might be a need in your situation also??
Good Luck!