• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loose bell housing bolts/ Alomst bad

beanman1

Well i thought i had the famous flex plate problems with my m1009 i took the dust cover off the other day and check the bolts that bolted the flexplate to the crank and i also checked for cracks in the flexplateand to top it off i also checked the bolts the bolted the torque converter to the flexplate everything was tight so i fired up the truck and what a pita i still had the noise coming from that area so i crawled all under the truck until i pin pointed the exact location of the noise to make a long story short the bell housing bolts were barely in there i mean 1 or 2 twists and seeya bye so i went aroud the bell housing twice with a 14 mm wrench and gave them the heman strong arm o yeah the top 2 bolts are so easy if you take of thwe breather housing and lay over the top of the engine started the truck agian and bam i am good no more noise so i guess i figures it out

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GUYS make sure your Transmission Bell Housing bolts are tight

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks