• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1028 or 31 with a Petrol engine??

86m1028

Hello i,m wondering if the 1028 or 1031 was also availleble with a 454 ci ??? can buy one with a petrol engine in it is this original???
No, all were 6.2 diesel.

There are some crewcabs & blazers (navy) that had 350 gas engines but do not have the "M" designation.

patjuhhh

okay then that means he replaced it with a petrol engine instead of a diesel, it,s a dually, steel transfer case wih a fixed yoke at the rear ,Dana 60 front and rear axles??) next week i,m gonna look for it. al the extra info from this site is welcome !!!!!

thanks Colonel/86m1028 :beer: (i like this , as a former Dutch soldier)

Firejareen

If it has a steel (cast) case then it is probably an NP205 gear driven t-case. Which personally I think is better than the NP208 which is the standard in CUCVs. If it has a bed on it then it is either a converted M1031 or an M1028a2. I am not 100%, but it may have a Dana 70 rear or the standard 14 bolt set up as a dually. It will have a limited slip in the front axle and an automatic locker in the rear axle. A gas engine would be swapped in, and if done right would not be terrible as it may provide more hp and torque. If you end up getting this ride, take pics so we can see your new toy. Good luck and welcome aboard.

86m1028

okay then that means he replaced it with a petrol engine instead of a diesel, it,s a dually, steel transfer case wih a fixed yoke at the rear ,Dana 60 front and rear axles??) next week i,m gonna look for it. al the extra info from this site is welcome !!!!!

thanks Colonel/86m1028 :beer: (i like this , as a former Dutch soldier)
Not saying it didnt come with a 205 but if has a fixed yoke 205, it was swapped also or converted. The 205 equiped trucks came with a slip yoke (reg cabs).

patjuhhh

hext weekend i gonna look for it ,the V.i.n. number wil give me the good info i hope , the guy said it was an ambulance vehicle M 1010??? ( i thought that the ambulances had single rear wheels ???) next week we wil now more i hope

thanks for the extra information this far guys!!:beer:

idM1028

The M1031 was single-wheel with a NP205 (cast iron case) transfer case. This was the cab and chassis version. Most got made into contact trucks with a big boxy workshop on the back. Some (like mine) got converted into M1028A1's. All this entailed was adding a pickup bed to the back. The M1028A2 (which it sounds like you might be looking at) was a dually that still had the NP205 transfer case, but had a Dana 70 HD rear axle as opposed to the GM full float 14-bolt. The M1010 was the ambulance version. It had a NP208 (aluminum case) transfer case. To the best of my knowledge, all the CUCV's whether they came with a NP208 or NP205 transfer case, had a slip yoke. From the sounds of it, somebody swapped in a NP205 without the slip yoke or at a minimum, added a slip yoke eliminator (SYE) kit to the truck.

patjuhhh

went too the guy/car yesterday ,150 miles away and as i thuoght it was a big dissapoinment ,chassis bent ,old leaky 454 ,rotten cabin ,no heater ,leaky hoses and wurse of al no vinplate. it was used as an off road vehicle only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks