• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 axles into a M1009

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been considering this same swap.

But I have a question.

Would it be as easy to remove the pickup truck sheet metal off it's chassis and put the Blazer on it?

It would give you a 'true' 5/4 ton Blazer. I'm not talking about trying to hack an M1008 up to make it if. I'm curious if it would drop on?

Also not trying to hijack this thread. But it IS germain to the thread. OP is going half way on this conversion in that he only replaced axles, though he may also be replacing the springs as well.

If all you did was yank the old body off an M1008 and then swapped in an M1009 onto it's chassis, would it fit? Too long a chassis? Just not sure.

I saw M1008's going for around $500 - $1000 at the last GSA auction I attended. While this would give me all the parts (and then some) to do this type of swap and the price is right, could I just yank the body off?

Sorry for the stupid question.

Edit: IF NOT A BLAZER, how about a Suburban as a donor vehicle?

dirtyfingernails

I'd keep the 1008, flat bed it, and make a truggy out of it. I've got a K5 here on one tons from a 1008 that I want to get rid of and get a 1008! Easy swap, I eliminated the slip yoke and went with a regular driveshaft. Perches are wider on the 1008's 14 bolt.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks