• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 fuse box/electrical issue?

stevesmithm1008

Does anyone know what the solution is regarding A problem I have with my 1986 M1008 that began with my dash lights being out (as well as the brake and taillights according to the cop who pulled me over) - even though the the headlights and blinkers still worked at that time - When I got home and replaced the bad 20 amp fuse only to have it blow again in about 5 seconds - then I tried A 30 amp fuse - and now nothing electrical works!

Barrman

The dash lights, brake lights and tail lights are all part of the same circuit. It seems you found the fuse that controls it. It also sounds as if you have a short somewhere in the system. somewhere, a wire with power on it is grounding out. The only help we can really give you is to follow all the wires from the light switch to the back of the truck and physically touch every inch of them to find the problem.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Putting in a BIGGER fuse is never a good idea. Now something else has blown instead of the fuse.

Download the free Technical Manuals (link at the top of the page).

The wiring diagrams are in the Appendix of the TM 9-2320-289-20 and the TM 9-2320-289-34 Manuals. You will also want to read the first few pages of the Troubleshooting section (Chap 2). It explains how to read the diagrams.