• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Hummer headers?

btrapr

I have seen several sets of surplus 6.2l headers for sale and was wondering if any one got the to work on a CUCV?

How thick are they? I was thinking about trying to get a buddy to do some mods on a set if these things will fit a CUCV...

try tweaking and using them either just as headers on a N/A motor and gettiing them to connect and try a custom turbo mount set-up and let it BREATH

thanks

southdave

I have some hummer motor headers, I held them up to my 1009 (note my manfolds are for a turbo swap this what I found one side will work the other might not cant remember what side. I am getting old

btrapr

I was figuring that the passenger side would be the problem since the flange to exhaust pipe will be near the firewall- pointing right at it...I thought about capping off that end and making a new exit port...and a stand-off turbo flange

jmassenga

Nope; they won't work at all. The right one extits into the firewall, and the left one angles out too far and runs into the frame. I shortened the right up and put a bend right after the flange to get that side to work, but when I found that I would need to cut every runner off the left one and reweld them in at a different angle, I bagged the project. Ended up finding a used set of aftermarket full-length headers, which still required modification to fit (and removing the right side frame reinforcement and the pinion snubber) on a M1008.

20/20 hindsight, I would leave the stock manifolds and just put larger mandrel bent pipes and better mufflers on behind them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks