• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 lift

mattm257

I would like to add about 2 inches lift to my m1008 and level it. Anyone do a add a leaf to the front and blocks on the rear? if so could use the part numbers and supplier. Been searching through all the suppliers and none really say for the m1008, which I think has the 3 inch leafs and not the standard k30 2.5 inch leafs.

thanks

NJRICK

Make sure you get 3 in wide springs. I just ordered a 5.5 in superlift kit & the springs are 2.5 in wide. Not sure what to do. I guess send it back & do some more looking. The K30 kit came with 2.5 wide springs don't make the same mistake I did !

Rick

mattm257

anyone else seems like finding the right add a leafs is going to be more difficult then I thought due to the 3 inch wide spring packs.

prairie

I'm doing a cheap and simple 2" lift on mine using the following Off Road Design Parts.
ORD 1" Body Lift, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'81-'87 GM truck - #G231003 - $102.50[/FONT] --- One Inch 1-inch Body Lift Aluminum Pucks from ORD Fullsize 4x4 Parts
ORD 1" zero rates, [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Part #U8001 (for 3" springs) - $[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]45.00[/FONT] --- Add a Leafs, Zero Rate for 4x4 Suspensions from Offroad Design

Another Option would be ORD's Complete 3" lift system spec'ed out for a CUCV.
ORD Complete 4x4 Lift Systems & Kits - GM Chevy Leaf Springs

Why do you want to level it? I've never understood leveling, it just doesn't look right, as pickups are supposed to have a "raked " stance.:???: Pickups were designed to haul loads, and the factory stance accounts for this, so that most loads ride fairly level. The only reason I can think for leveling a pickup would be to give an extra bit of clearance for larger tires in the front, where it is more of a problem than the rear. Just my opinion.

Another good source for lift options would be DIY4X --- DIY4X: Catering to those who enjoy doing it themselves., Kurt is always very helpful and would set you up with a customized lift to your specific desires.

TCUCV

what ever lift you get make sure its k30 or 1 ton. heres a picture of mine with a 4" lift and 35's
Truck looks good, what lift did you end up going with?

With all the lifts I found, it will be on the average of $500-$700 for a decent 4" lift . . . when I do go that route I'll probably go 37's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks