• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 saves the day

Milbikes

24 inches of fresh snow here in my section of CT. I was using my neighbor's Isuzu trooper to plow his tenant's long driveway. Unknown to me was a drop off along one side of the driveway. I got a front wheel over the edge and down. Stuck. Darn! So I get his Kubota 4x4 diesel tractor and try to pull the truck out while a driver tries to back the Isuzu out. No go.

So I get my M1008 and my wife. It was her first time in the M1008. She said "How do people get in these things...it's so high!" I hook up the chain to a front shackle, and to the back of the Isuzu. I tell my wife to give the M1008 a little pedal (Without spinning the wheels) when she sees the Isuzu backup lights come on. Within seconds, the M1008 has pulled the Isuzu out of the ditch!

My wife was beaming with pride....it was her first time using a truck to pull a vehicle out of a ditch. I think she secretly likes the M1008 now.

My master plan takes shape!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Girls like to drive big trucks (even big girls). My 9 year old daughter smiles like a Cheshire cat when I put the truck in low range 1st gear and let it creep along while she steers it around the back lot without daddy even in the truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My master plan takes shape!
Be careful what you wish for, My wife took ownership of my M1008, shortly after I got it home. Now she says I need to get my own....

Shhh, my Master Plan is working also... 8)

bkwudzhom

HA! Don't forget there DH--- Thanks to you giving us all a ride at the rally the wife has been buying iron cookware and working on her open fire recipies because she plans to be back this year!! I think she is addicted but just dosen't know it yet! Think a M715 would be small enough for her?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it's a "double edged sword". A 715 would be cool. I think some women just have a hard time admitting they like the Military trucks(but secretly love them).

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a similar event here in Southern California. We had a freak snow storm come through. I know four or five inches of snow is nothing compared to the northern areas, but for us, holy cow. I was out playing in the M1009 in the areas that actually had measurable snow with my wife and her girlfriend when we came upon a fellow in a Nissan Pickup sporting 22" and low profiles and no 4x. He was stuck trying to climb a grade. I drove around the small back up of cars, hooked a pull strap onto his recovery hooks and pulled him up the hill. It was pretty cool.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine thinks she wants an M37. I won't let her drive the 814- I am afraid I will lose the M814 to her. :driver:

BloodCarver

I understand completely. My wife likes my M1008 as well, especially with all the snow we had recently. She asked me if we had to wait on the plows before checking on her family members and I said "No, lets go right now." Long story short my wife and daughter have now named my M1008, the "Snow Eater." LOL
My master plan is to get her a M1009 of her very own.

Milbikes

Amazing how so many of us seem to have a similar "Plan"....... Great minds think alike? Or we all have the same affliction? Either way....plan on! H.

midcounty

My girlfriend went with me to look at a couple M1009s last week. I asked her what she thought afterwards, and her first remark was "I like them. I could drive one of those". So I am thinking I may want to go ahead and get two.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be REAL careful what you wish for! My 16yo DAUGHTER doesn't want mommas car when she gets a new one. She wants MY deuce....and she can start, stop, shift, and steer it like a pro!

Hmmm, makes me think, I gotta keep up with the mileage to see if she has been 'taking it out' on the town when I'm not home!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks