• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 shock quest?

btrapr

What shocks to use?

I noticed that the rubber grommet inside the top loop mounted to the frame has slid out...driver's side front! I have not inspected the others yet...I know I need to put a pair up front at least___________

What kind of shocks were used and are they available?

I thought about something like Rough Country, Rancho, etc...

Any thoughts

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get a HD quality set for a K30, 4x4 1 ton, chevy truck down at napa, replace both fronts at the same time, and she will be fine. tighten up the shocks so the bushing expands to the same diameter of the metal washer. also watch out for death wobble if you just got the truck. you can read all about within these pages.

take care

btrapr

thanks for input...

Has anyone tried these! I am going to pick-up a block heater tomorrow at NAPA and will price two front shocks from them.

I found these for about $150 for 4 shocks...

The Pro Comp ES9000 is the ultimate nitrogen gas charged shock absorber. With its twin tube design and 10 stage velocity sensitive valving, the ES9000 delivers not only a smooth, comfortable highway ride, but it also enhances off road handling and performance. Engineered for those driving enthusiasts demanding optimum capacity for heavy loads as well as the most demanding driving conditions. It"s a 1 3/8” nylon banded full displacement piston head and double welded shock mounts ensure maximum strength and long lasting durability.

chevy79k5

i run es9000 on my 04 chevy 1500 thats on 33's and love then. i onley got about 1000 mils on them but they have been grate so far. i dont feel like im crashing in to pot holes anymore.

AJMBLAZER

They're okay shocks. Generic twin tube nitrogen charged shocks. Actually the same shock as Superlift/Skyjacker/Tough Country/Trail Master/etc all run as their nitrogen charged shock. Different paint and stickers. Better than a hydraulic shock though.
I'd run NAPA's HD truck shocks before I spent the money on these.

Go over to JCWhitney and order up 4 of the Rough Country/Heckethorn Nitro 9000's. Nitrogen charged MONOTUBES. Good stuff. Love mine on Big Ugly. Not as good as Bilsteins but still pretty good and without the Bilstein price tag. Last I knew you could get them for around $35 each. Often JCW has discounts if you buy over $100 worth of stuff or free shipping or whatever. Just look around.

Brad M

Go over to JCWhitney and order up 4 of the Rough Country/Heckethorn Nitro 9000's. Nitrogen charged MONOTUBES. Good stuff. Love mine on Big Ugly. Not as good as Bilsteins but still pretty good and without the Bilstein price tag. Last I knew you could get them for around $35 each. Often JCW has discounts if you buy over $100 worth of stuff or free shipping or whatever. Just look around.
What are the part numbers for the rears in the Rough Country for the M1008. Searching JW with K30 has no rears on the list. Thanks.

AJMBLAZER

No clue man. Don't have the truck anymore. Sorry.

I do remember I actually measured mine and bought a different shock than the one offered for the stock truck. Got one with a longer extended length than stock.
You can always call JCWhitney and ask. Their catalog tends to be pretty confusing.

Brad M

No clue man. Don't have the truck anymore. Sorry.

I do remember I actually measured mine and bought a different shock than the one offered for the stock truck. Got one with a longer extended length than stock.
You can always call JCWhitney and ask. Their catalog tends to be pretty confusing.
Thanks! Even Rough Country's site seems to avoid listing them. K20 is the bigest. I'll look at the NAPA RR 94274 and RR 94275's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks