• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 interior trim source

edgebar

where is a good source for correct interior trim, seats and or covers, dash panels seat belts etc. and what is the correct name for the color ....
any help would be great
thanks

combatmech

I bought a set of seat belts for my first 1009 from LMC....they arent OEM, but very nice. Not sure of the color name....LMC carries color match paint for interior stuff and works pretty good.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just yesterday I ordered all new interior parts for my M1028 from LMC. I shopped around and LMC seems to have the best selection at competitive prices. www.lmctruck.com Then click on the correct online catalog ('83 - '87 Chevy). very easy to use.

Because I needed new seat covers, dash cover, and sun visors, I am changing my interior color to black. LMC has special paint for the door panels too. My maroon seat belts were frazzelled, so I ordered new black ones. I have another link documenting the rebuild and will post new photos in a few days.

Cigarjoe

As far as I know the color used on the CUCV's was a custom color for the military and you cant find it. But I ordered gray for all the interior and used the backside of the door panel because it isn't faded and the part of the seat belt that was inside the spool for the same reason and went to a custom interior guy and he was able to mix a dye to match it perfect. I will have pics when the restoration is done. It was not cheap to have done. I was going to go with black on everything and OD canvass seat cover if I couldn't get the old stuff matched.

edgebar

alright, thanks for the help.
i am not going to like the long wait on the EUC. i had know idea, but i should have read all the fine print. i did get them to reverse the tax charge, so that was good. dd all the m109's have the gun rack behind the drivers seat? those will work out real nice for hunting.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
edgebar,
Yes, all the M1009's had gun holder behind drivers seat. At least all the one's I've seen.

If you find them a little 'long' for your weapon, you can use a block of wood, cut to size to allow the firearm to fit.

minimalist

edgebar,
Yes, all the M1009's had gun holder behind drivers seat. At least all the one's I've seen.

If you find them a little 'long' for your weapon, you can use a block of wood, cut to size to allow the firearm to fit.
Better solution, buy another gun.:cool:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually like the new military gun holder - kind of like a really large clothes pin pincher mounted to the dash. Saw one on a current hummer. Now THOSE don't care what the length of the weapon that is, You just clamp it around what ever part of the weapon it will clamp around. VERY versatile.

I have not found the current manufacturer of this particular weapons holder. If anyone knows who makes it, I'd love to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks