• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 tranny new or rebuild kit

OLD chevy

so i recently took out the trannsmission from my blazer and opened her up< saw some gears were screwed up.. llooking for a junkyard tranny or rebuilt kit offline but its hard to find a t400 hd w.o ovedrive where i live, any help? websites i can look for a rebuild? plus i see everywhere online they say it has a th400, when it act has a th400 hd.. correct me if im wrong

Last edited:

OLD chevy

thanks for the info, just a few more questions. im new to rebuilds and i took apart my tranny so it doesnt look too hard todo, just worndering if overdrive is an option i should be looking at and if im going to need any special tools for the rebuild? im assuming the spindles or w.e their called im going to reuse, but the rest of the internals will be new from the kit right?