• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 Axle

RKBA

Has anyone here bought a new axle and used the original hubs/brakes from their M101A2's? I may upgrade the trailer I keep to a stronger axle, but would like to keep the hydraulic brakes.
I know that the hydro brakes will bolt right up to the brake flange on a new civvie axle. The drum/hubs however may not. I tried to do the opposite (old axle, new electric brakes and matching drum/hubs) and the spindles on my mid 80s A2 axle were shorter than what newer standard trailer stuff uses. I got all the bearings to fit up (required an oddball outer bearing), but there was no way to thread on the axle nut once assembled.

Honestly I don't know if you can get too much "stronger" than what's already under it as far as axles go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks