• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Gen Set Trailer - Plus ID

CGarbee

I had (still have, but I removed the generator, gas tank, racks) a M101A1 that was set up as a generator trailer. Dataplate on it still called it a M101A1, and it had a tag saying that it had been converted to a generator trailer at Toole, Utah (and gave a warenty phone number...), but it did not have a "new" M number assigned on any of the tags... Mine had smaller racks bolted to the sides for carrying high mount (on poles) lights... I have not seen one with racks like yours, but then, I never paid much attention to them until a few years ago...

Interesting one you have, thinking of keeping it as is, or parting some of it out (I have a guy near me looking for a M37 gas tank, and the ones on the M101 trailers are almost identicle....).

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning on putting this one back to it's original condition if I can find out what that was, I have a 3kW generator for it already.
James G.

PS: Are you going to be able to make it to Bragg Thursday or Friday???

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kwai:
looks like you hit it on the head, mine has the same type racks with room for a genset in the center of the trailer! Can you take a few pics of the other sides and interior of the trailer for me?
Thanks,
James G.