• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 No start

Phoenix01

New purchace for me.

Following the bleeding procedures to try to get this truck to fire up.

Back story is that it was driving down a hill and shut off like it ran out of fuel, no attempts have had it going since.

I've checked the pink wire, and it has 12 volts. Getting a good clicking noise out of the IP when installing/removing pink wire from IP. Removed the return line from the IP, and I am getting fuel spurting out of the IP, not out of the return line. Is it time for a new IP or is there some sort of check valve that may have gone bad?

Oldsouthernboy

There is a check valve on the rubber fuel return line, a glass ball that can gum up, remove the line and spray with carb cleaner until clean.. To Start use a old bubba trick, place a rag with some gasoline near the air intake, Have some one start it, it will start up may knock a little but it will start. To keep the system clean use some Sea foam cleaner every once in while to clean the fuel system just follow directions. Ohh make sure you have fuel in the tank the military gages are known for not being accurate.

Phoenix01

Well, I got it running!! I loosened the line exiting the fuel filter and a bunch of pressurized air came out, then fuel. Removed the return line on the top of the IP and cranked it over and it fired right up!

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks