• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Water in cab problem .

Need some help, Where is the water coming from inside both M1028? Went out to start trucks up and I see water on the floor boards and also coming out of one side vent . Has anyone seen this before .

1redgmc

Need some help, Where is the water coming from inside both M1028? Went out to start trucks up and I see water on the floor boards and also coming out of one side vent . Has anyone seen this before .
Yes, I had that problem. Have you considered replacing the foam seals on the kick panel vents?

LMC Truck sells them cheap enough. Mine hasn't leaked since.

dunedigger

Gm also put a sealant on the screws holding the vent in. If you change the vent seal be sure the screws are sealed too. I just use silicone on mine. If you ever look in a striped out cab it almost looks like they are designed to leak.

dunedigger

The air vent flap is decently protected from a plastic lip molded around the vent door. They usually don't leak unless you drive fast in heavy water. I wouldn't unless they are really rotted out or for sure leaking from there too. It's almost always the screws and vent seal around the plastic. I've dealt with this problem in 14 out of the 16 chevy's this body style I have owned.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post the LMC part number and name of the foam seal? I did not see it when I looked last night.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, found it! Page 49. Air vent seal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks