• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078a1--2003 Help

srlbuck

ran great --shut it off and one month later no start no gauges batteries up have 24+ volts at the circuit board,12+volts also . Checked fuses good no power at 24 volt ign or 12 volt ign what am I missing?

Ronmar

Ok, so you have battery 12 and 24 at the power panel, but Ignition 12 and 24 are missing. Now my first rule of DC troubleshooting is that no voltage is good until it is tested under load. A bad connection can pass full voltage thru the circuit until you try and pull any current thru that bad connection then voltage falls on its nose... Are 12 and 24V battery still good when the Ign switch is turned on

24v battery passes thru CB 45, thru contacts on the battery master switch and then thru either the inside or outside ignition switch To energize K1 and K2. Which provides 24v and 12v ignition. So if CB45 is set and you have 24v at that point, K1 and K2 should energize.

Now the schematic I have shows a manual disconnect switch and a battery master switch. Are both these switches on?

srlbuck

Ok, so you have battery 12 and 24 at the power panel, but Ignition 12 and 24 are missing. Now my first rule of DC troubleshooting is that no voltage is good until it is tested under load. A bad connection can pass full voltage thru the circuit until you try and pull any current thru that bad connection then voltage falls on its nose... Are 12 and 24V battery still good when the Ign switch is turned on

24v battery passes thru CB 45, thru contacts on the battery master switch and then thru either the inside or outside ignition switch To energize K1 and K2. Which provides 24v and 12v ignition. So if CB45 is set and you have 24v at that point, K1 and K2 should energize.

Now the schematic I have shows a manual disconnect switch and a battery master switch. Are both these switches on?
First of all thank you Ronmar. I have power at 12

First of all thank you Ronmar. Yes I still have good voltage when the ign switch is turned on. CB 45 has the 24 volts required but my circuit board has no K1 or K2 . Are these two relays somewhere else and are they relays? The master battery switch is on when testing as well as the power switch on the dash. Any way I could see the schematic you have? Thanks again

Ronmar

First of all thank you Ronmar. Yes I still have good voltage when the ign switch is turned on. CB 45 has the 24 volts required but my circuit board has no K1 or K2 . Are these two relays somewhere else and are they relays? The master battery switch is on when testing as well as the power switch on the dash. Any way I could see the schematic you have? Thanks again
K1 and K2 are not located in the power panel, and unfortunately I don’t know exactly where they are located. Since their function is to switch 12 and 24 right back into the power panel I wouldn’t think they would be far away. Perhaps under the dash behind the passenger kickpanel...

Sure you can see the schematic, I got it here on Steel Soldiers up in the manuals section...

srlbuck

Thanks Ronmar , I did find the schematic after I messaged you and was into the kick plate and didn't see any relays but I will look closer. I check the voltage on the dash switch and found it to be 14 volts -- I assume this should be 24, I will start checking grounds now with the help of the schematic.

srlbuck

Thanks to you all. The schematic allowed me to trace the wiring for cb45 to the master switch that would then activate K1 & K2 and with a little inventive wiring it started right up and everything work as it should.