• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M113s and Variants in Vietnam

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent alot of time in Yakima Firing Center 1976-1979 and was part of some AWESOME Combined Arms Livefire Exercises.

It was there that I got to see an AC130 workout on a hill top....HOLY CHIT!!!
It was also there that a 4 deuce mortar round landed about 300 meters from our defensive positions (Light Infantry)...HOLY CHIT AGAIN!!!

Never got to go into any town but we had some pretty darn good beer parties when we went admin after training exercises.:-D
I missed you by a couple of years ('82-86, '89-92).

I got to see a couple of F14s out of Whidby Island take out a tent for some NG Col's birthday party. They were flying nap of the earth and came up over the hill where the tent and cake were. Sucked it right up over about 50 people. That was worth the price of admission.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got a little off track of the OPs original post but one final item on Yakima - the July issue of Popular Mechanics follows a group of SF guys testing out vehicles in Yakima. Not a lot of pictures but the ones that are there bring back memories. Not warm and fuzzy ones but memories none-the-less.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks