• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M127 stake semi trailer restoration

vtdeucedriver

Come see what one looks like at my place. I am not a spit from you over in Warrenton. I purchased this one out of Chambersburg last year for $870 plus tax and bidding fee. I threw it on a flat bed, hauled it home, and rebuilt the the wheels and mounted new Goodyear 11x20 tires. I sent the wheels out to Goodyear where they were sand blasted, straighten as required, balanced, primed, and repainted flat black. $30 a wheel through Donald Rice Tire in Brandy Station, VA. Retail the tires sale for $575 each at discount plus mounting. However, the tires were purchased through GL at about $155 each for a lot of 15. The tires are rated at 7200 lbs each. I would not sell what I have as the trailer is perfect in every way. I cannot afford to own or drive junk as I use the MV stuff daily in my business. So what is an M127A2c worth?....It is worth a lot to me. However, if you are looking for a lawn ornament or something to be parade worthy...$1,500-2,000 with ocassional issues plus the expense of cheap tags.
Thats a pretty sweet deck!!! I just hit the sander on mine tonight to give it a quick squirt of 24087 for the summer fun. Eventually the boards will come up but for now, I got too much going to go that far.

Riftweaver

Wow! That is an excellent looking trailer (and truck)! It's nice to see somebody took the time to restore something different.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw this row of 5 M-127 stake trailers in the VERY back of the yard at Colemans today. Very lonely looking, waiting for the next resupply mission....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks