• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 vin

Humanoid Typhoon

I have a M146 trailer that the data plate appears to have been replaced. When they replaced it they didn't stamp the vin back on it. How should I proceed with getting a vin for the trailer. Can you make one up and stamp the data plate? Or is it more complicated then that? I wanted to check here before getting hold of GL. They can be a bit scatter brained at times. Thanks in advance.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If not, is there a registration number painted on the trailer? Unit numbers? Take that to the 2014 vin info thread. Make sure you read the instructions.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes the serial number and or registration number is written on the sides of the van in grease pencil. Those numbers had to be available when the item was turned in. There seem to be two mfgrs of these, Spencer Safford and Southwest Truck Body. The Spencer Saffords were very early 1960s production and the Southwests were subsequent.

Humanoid Typhoon

Sorry I ment it had no serial number. It has the svs- but no numbers stamped after it. It is a Southwest Truck Body trailer.

Now that you mention it there is a faded grease pencil up at the front of the trailer. I think it says svs949. I will get with Carnac and make sure. Thanks guys you are all really helpful.

Humanoid Typhoon

2330005699372 nsn number. I wouldn't have sent a pm. I just haven't had a chance to go to your vin post. I did find a piece of paperwork in the trailers little storage box. Looks like it was signed back in 68 when it was delivered. Looks like it was in the Savanna Army Depot. Long story short it looks like SVS-949 is the serial number. It also has a registration number on the paperwork but I can't find it on the trailer. Which should I use?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use the SVS number for your title. If your state lets you use stencilled numbers for your license plate, use the registration number for that.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And fyi

Organization: 712TH MAINTENANCE CO
Nomenclature: STRLR VAN (SHOP-6T) Model:M146 NSN:2330005699372
Serial Number: SVS949 Registration Number: 7P17668 Year of Mfg: 1968
Manufacturer: K9825
Info May 1972

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks