• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 cab fan

jpinst

I am planning a 400+ mile road trip in the m35a3 (soft top) and I bought a 24 volt small fan that is supposed to be used in the cabs, since I have no A/C.

Have you guys every mounted these? Where is the best place to mount it. I was think i could make a bracket and mount it on the upper right corner of the windshield.:mad:

Any ideas? Better yet, any pictures?

Thanks!

cruzinz28

I have 4 of these fans myself. I just have to find time to make bracket and mount them.

My plan was to mount them in the upper corner of the hard top behind the head of the passenger and driver. This would allow the air to blow on the back of the head and neck. I figured it would replicate the same cooling effect as when you put a cool damp rag on the back of your neck when its blistering hot out. As soon as I can see if they fit there and can fab brackets up I'll post pictures.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dean, good to see you back up here! Actually, if you crack the rt front windshield, open the vents and use the drivers side window to regulate the flow, you won't need a fan. Works almost as good as A/C, untilyou stop anyway. Also, if to have the top that has a zippered rear window, that works as good as using the door window to control the flow.

Where you headed?

jpinst

Thanks for the info guys. I am headed to Kern River valley after i get back from playing war in Korea at the end August....starting the long delayed tune up this weekend now that Pops has some time....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fan would be great for slow moving traffic or while parked. Pressurizing the cab is best when moving.