• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Cummins/Allison conversion....

alwayskaos

Helpful input needed.....Just got the M35 and in the process of Bobbing! I have a late model 24v Cummins/Allison drivetrain in my garage, and I'd like to install. Has anyone done this conversion, or one similar? I will be starting next week, as long as I don't hear that its impossible.....

mahdey

nothing is impossible with enough time and money. As long as you have the complete wiring harness and ECM you will be fine.

alwayskaos

Computer and harness good to go. Are there any major obstacles I might run into? Motor mounts, possible floorboard trimming ok,,,,but will the stock large diameter fan and intercooler cooling stack fit? Thatsthe big question.

mahdey

Theres enough space for that to fit. Motor mounts are super easy to make, especially those of a cummins. Only obstacle i see where you may have an issue is with talking to the allison. What kind of allison is it, and how does it recieve the signal to shift?

mahdey

ohhh, so the allison wasn't connected to the truck before i take it. You are going to need a stand alone controller for the allison then. If i were you i would ditch the alison (i'm assuming its from a pickup truck?) and grab the 48re from the dodge and build that up. A lot of the chevy guys who run much power or tow maxed out have ditched the alison for either a 47re or 48re with a suncoast stand alone computer.

steelandcanvas

Alwayskaos, Don't forget the digital camera when dropping that Cummins into that Deuce, I want to see this. Also be sure and get some shots of your fabbed motor mounts.

wehring

A tip...

Here is a tip for motor mounts.

FOr the Cummins, one of the factory motor mounts is straight and the other is doglegged (technical term). If you get another straight (salvage) you have a perfect drop in for the deuce frame. If you want to go with the gear driven air/hydro pump as found on F650s then you will need that drivers motor mount as it is set to the rear +5" to clear the air/hydro pump. I think it is called a Bendix 550.

If you have any questions please feel free to call.

979 997 3112

Justin

wehring

yup...

Just checked... it is the Bendix Tu-Flo 550 flange mount for the cummins application. The hydro power piggybacks on the rear of the air comp. All is gear driven.

Justin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks