• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a2 fuel delivery problem?

chris03020

kinda new here, But i have a 71 am general that ive bobed and finialy got it just about the way i want it and now it wont start. It has the white 6cyl. multy fuel non turbo with 5,000 origonal mi.. I have found some fuel leaks up arround the injectors at the 1/4 in lines and tighten them up when it was still running but then it just quit all together. the in tank pump is working fine so i dont think it was that. The last few times i started it, it seemed to turn over more than usual so im thinking that my leakes caused the fuel do drain back to the tank when it wasent running. I plan to replace all three fuell filters and all the rubber or plastic fuel lines under the hood in hopes it will cure my problem. I would like any input i can get on this matter. O and what about bleading the system after i replace lines and filters

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You will need to make sure your in-tank pump is working. Its job is to push fuel through the fuel system to remove any air so the truck will start. I will post more in a bit.

steelandcanvas

Between the secondary and final fuel filter, there is a brass bleed screw. Turn ignition switch to on position, crack bleed screw a little, wait for air to escape. Close bleed screw when fuel appears. Start truck. Be sure and download the TM's for your truck, if you haven't do so already. There is a great troubleshooting guide in there.

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you will do yourself a big favor by reading the injection manual and understanding how it works. without that understanding you are just guessing, after that it is simple

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Tom said.

Plus it does help going through the Troubleshooting TMs...those are a good way to really understand the workings of your truck and learn a lot more about it. The troubleshooting TMs are very helpful and simple to follow. I highly recommend starting with a troubleshooting TM.

chris03020

Thanks for the info, going to tinker a little to day. I was lucky enough to find the original manual in the glove box:) and ill check out the tm's asap. But I gota say running or not its still the tuffest dam truck iv'e ever owned!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks