• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 motor swap

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Gimp,
sorry to ask, but i'm still trying to find out if the clutch alignment tool from a Chevrolet C40-C70 truck, will work on the LDT 465....
I found that in a search but could never confirm, I thought maybe you've heard this before.
I heard this one on the rumor mill that the GM "SM465" 4 speed transmission with the 1-1/2" input shaft will fit the deuce. I don't know since I never tried it, but you might check it out.
While I have not used them, it does sound viable. I know certain chevy bells fit the deuce trans(I am using one of them) and I know the input shaft is 1.5 inches.

TsgtB

So, the front motor mount (with the radiator support) is removed before the engine is lifted out of the engine bay...?
That's how i'm following the TM....

It is just unbolted from the sides and removed as one piece. I don't seem to be seeing that anywhere.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
am i missing something somewhere? the last stock truck i swapped engines on, i took out 2 mount bolts in front and 2 in rear on sides and removed engine and trans as one unit with the rad still attached. total time to swap engine was about 4 hours, 1 person.

TsgtB

am i missing something somewhere? the last stock truck i swapped engines on, i took out 2 mount bolts in front and 2 in rear on sides and removed engine and trans as one unit with the rad still attached. total time to swap engine was about 4 hours, 1 person.
I guess i'm just over thinking it all... looking for hang ups, show stoppers, tips and tricks...
I'm searching my tail off on "swaps, replacements" etc....
It's my first big engine swap.. it's sure no SB350.