• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 rear axel inner seal tool

opfor77

Anyone know where i can get a rear axle inner seal tool, or a good way of getting it on without going crazy?

6x6junkie

hey bud I used a piece of pipe and hit with a hammer that made it easy .just make sure you are on the solid part of seal

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm replacing one of mine today, I'll post some pics when I'm finished. I haven't heard of a specific tool for this but there may be one in the unit maintenance pub.

edit:
just looked, and the book does mention one, but it looks like a piece of pipe to me......

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
REAR axle? I must be missing something, didn't think there was a inner seal on the rear. Just the outer seal behind the spindle nuts, then a grease seal for the hub.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, then that's not a big deal. I've just used a chisel or screwdriver to pry the old one off. Tapped a new one on with a hammer/punch, just was gentle so things don't get bent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks