• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 + small inverter

cavtrooper78

i suck as an electrician so I have a question after a short cursory search. I have a small 400W inverter I’d like to wire to the batteries, and I’d like to put it in. Thing is I’ve done it on a 12 volt system (easy) and not a 24 volt system. Is this something I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy enough to wire it in, just don’t use a 12 volt unit. Your alternator is also not real happy with high loads unfortunately.

cavtrooper78

Easy enough to wire it in, just don’t use a 12 volt unit. Your alternator is also not real happy with high loads unfortunately.
I have two, but I doubt they’re 24 volts. 24 volt inverters seem expensive, but I might not be looking hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I ask what you want an inverter for that only works when the truck is running? I've put inverters in but only on "house batteries" for things that need ac when parked up.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then I think what you really want is a 24 - 12 volt reducer (don't remember off the top of my head what they're called). Checked, they are known as Step Down Converters.
I have one installed that does just that as well as powering my CB and my nav tablet.
Do a search and some will definitely come up, then you'll know what they're called and you can refine the search.

One thing I learned is to put an on/off switch between the batteries and the unit or it will slowly drain your batts while sitting.

I'd get you more info on mine but I'm all the way across the country right now.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks