• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 axle question

Jdrews

There is a straight shaft in between the rear axles on my deuce. It is connected to both axles by what look to me to be some type of stabilizer arms. The ends of this shaft are connected to the leaf springs. There appears to be some type of rubber bushing on each end of the shaft, and one side of mine looks like that bushing is worn out. Can anyone explain to me what the function of this shaft is and if in fact it is a rubber bushing on the ends of it? Thanks.

Jdrews

Not the dogbones, but the shaft that the dogbones connect to. There is a grease fitting on the bottom of each end of this particular shaft. I can't find anything about it in the TM.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The trunion, the beam the axles teeter-totter on. Any chance for pics? I have access to one if you need parts.

Jeepsinker

That is not a bushing, it is a grease seal. Pump some grease in the fitting on that side until it comes out around that seal. You do not want to have to replace that seal if you don't have to.

Jeepsinker

Mine has no grease fittings installed. I'll be pulling my covers and installing fittings very soon. Just one of those things I know I need to do but haven't gotten around to yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks