• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a3 wont start

Coalman

I parked my truck back in late fall ran fine, it was kind of low on fuel and had summer fuel no anti gell Well couple of days ago I went to start it started right up ran about 3-5 minutes and shut off. I don't know if it gelled or ran out of fuel It has been real cold past couple weeks I went and put about 7 gallons in tank (this time I put anti gell in ) went to start nothing I spayed it with either and will run a couple seconds while cranking then nothing. I took the filter off seamed ok I am going to get another filter and try that Question is how do you prime it and also which is the in and out lines on the pump ? I don't know if I have a gelled line or just air PLEASE DONT SAY READ THE TMS as I have been for the last several hours Thanks Kevin

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, you could not find the priming procedure with a couple hours of looking in the TM?

Also, you could not find the fuel lines in the parts TM?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not familiar with A3s but all I did was search(PDF) the manuals for fuel filter and prime, to find these pages.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

DodgerRoger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be the check valve, I believe it is commonly located on top of the fuel tank. Make sure that it is not dirty and that it isn't stuck either open or closed. I have heard that the 3116 can be a bear to prime but I have not had this trouble with mine yet.