• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 paint colors

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure that most M37's were OD green. Did the Navy paint any of them grey? The Air Force paint any of the blue? Were any used on base fire stations painted red? would anyone have pictures of a working M37 in red military fire department colors, with military markings? Thanks

AN/GRC-46

The answer to each of your questions is Yes. Additionally I have seen yellow painted M37s, I think on airfield operations. I don't want to step on any copyrights so I won't post pictures but you can go to Google>images and find quite a few.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks AN/GRC-46. My M37 was painted red when I got it. I kind of like it that way, but would love to find a picture of a red one, with proper markings that I could emulate!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the pic

Actually mine has black fenders and red body, yours looks good with the red fenders! I can't read what it says on your door?

Attachments

AN/GRC-46

Thanks AN/GRC-46. My M37 was painted red when I got it. I kind of like it that way, but would love to find a picture of a red one, with proper markings that I could emulate!
I got mine from an owner that had gotten it from a government auction. It had been in use by the US Forest Service (Dept of Agriculture) and had been painted overall ORANGE. That wasn't a military color, but is was a government color.

Attachments

shootist

she was red with black fenders and trim before I began the restoration
Had army star on pass door and marine data plates and reg number
also had navy bed with rebuild tags from '71 all that under the red

Attachments

nattieleather

Pick your favorite post Ft Knox, Ft Dix etc and paint it up Red and mark it as the post fire department. No one would be the wiser. Throw some fire fighting stuff on it and you're good to go.:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks