• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 Front brake issues

Amgeneral1

I was looking for a little advice from you guys. I took the truck for a 100 mile round trip on Friday. I had the front drivers side brake get real tight on me fortunately very close to a trucking company I used to work at. I was able to pull the truck in and back the adjuster of a little bit to spin the tire freely. Knowing that it may or may not work I was on my way and within 10 miles it was smoking hot again. I was able to park the truck at a buddies farm till I could really spend some time on it. Would I be assuming that pulling things apart and getting a good cleaning and grease on the wedge assembly things should be ok? Any other ideas?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought with the 939 series they talked about the wedge getting stuck because of non service or maybe your front quick air dump is not dumping when the brake peddle is released. Also they talked about the front glad hand vent being closed off but in your case one would think that is not the problem if the rear quick dump is working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks