• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 - Indianapolis, IN to Stokesdale, NC

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did it go? I'm sure we're so busy tinkering over the weekend that you had no time to be reading on SS. Give us an update with photos!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, a member and still here.

One of a few I'd trust to load or drive any of my trucks.

(No, not my truck being loaded.)
Hey, that's my wrecker... Yep MDMORGAN recovered that for me. Heck of a job. Truck made it to KY in one piece. New batteries and some fluids and it runs like a top.
Wood cribbing instead of the concrete blocks would have been the way to go.

SouthJL

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for not updating this thread... but I did post some pics already, just in a different thread.

Had a small delay/issue, when I couldn't get the truck started to get it off the trailer. Started to panic, but calmed down and worked through the issue. I'll sum up the thread... inexperience and thinking 4 gauge jumper cables were good enough.

As far an update on transportation... Veritread is severely over-rated. I think all the offers I got were all from brokers, so instead of just paying a broker I also paid Veritread to find me a broker. The broker was helpful at first, but I'm not sure if all the information was relayed to the trucking company. I won't call Veritread or the broker a rip-off, but you can do much better on your own. It just takes a more leg work up front. The actual driver that delivered it was AWESOME. Even when I started to panic about not being able to get the truck off HIS trailer, he was calming me down.

It was loaded on a step-deck, and the driver had the correct ramps. I didn't get a good picture of them, but they are rated 23k pounds per axle. It wasn't my trailer, but like CSM Davis stated, I'm not sure if the trailer was designed with that much weight on just 6 little spots. One of the decking boards had snapped the edge off next to the front driver side, not saying it was from my truck, but seems like an awful co-incidence.

IMG_0657.jpg IMG_0661.jpg IMG_0662.jpg

I wish I had gotten more pictures of unloading... but by the time I got the truck started taking pictures was the last thing on my mind.

Here's the new thread with pictures of the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks