• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Boarding Ladder "Size" Question

74M35A2

So I want to acquire a boarding ladder for the bed of my M925A2, but I don't know the required one or length of such. I see postings of ladders for sale, and they give a length, but that does not correspond with the heigth reached via level steps. Meaning, sure a shorter one may reach, but then the steps are not level, etc... So when searching a proper fitting boarding ladder, one should state its total reach as set with level steps, or, if I knew the total length overall of the typical ladder which is required, that may suffice also.

Input appreciated.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

Older boarding ladders will prob be too short due to the super singles. It might reach from the bed to the ground but it would be way too steep.
I would consider one of the folding ladders that you can configure into several shapes.

Gunzy

I have 11.00r20s. Here is a pic of my setup for a boarding ladder. I'm not sure of the measured height though.001.jpg

74M35A2

Thanks both for your replies, they were both helpful. Understood many of the older ladders may be too short to fit "properly". And then Gunzy cruises up and shows how he circumvented that. I was stuck on hooking the ladder on the top edge of the tailgate (when down). Obviously still useful if catches installed onto gate. I will likely go this way. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The boarding ladder that Gunzy has is the one for the deuce. I had several of them, they worked fine on M35A2 but would be too short (if hooked on the tailgate lip) for the 5-tons. Gunzy made it work, thanks to his ingenuity. If you decide you want the one meant for your M939 series truck, it would have 6 steps, you can use that fact to narrow it down when shopping for the right one for your application.

acme66

You want a ladder built for a 5 foot climb if you are running 14x20. I use a 6 step loading dock ladder with hand rails on mine. It was a ladder for a 5 foot dock. It is heavy and cumbersome but stable. They sell aluminum versions with no rails, I think that would be better to pack around. Try a search for loading dock ladders.

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks