• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

making dump truck

tobyS

We have a company that makes roll off containers using a lot of steel seconds but has hit a wall for orders (none). I have the idea of making a conversion for a 931 or 923 that looks like the bed of a 929 and is a complete unit that is ready to set on the frame, a lot like the existing bed. The price would be $10k or ? Any ideas?

264charlie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always thought a dump bed that could be run with the fifth wheel in place might be helpful for some. I'm not sure how large the market would be, though, as it would need to be truck-specific.

I live in North Texas, and we got hammered by spring storms this year; the 2nd year out of three, we had tornados hit the area. You might be able to make a few storm-safe rooms/shelters and get them sold quickly in this area. I don't know; it's just a thought. I see a few marked on FB while looking for more junk. I am genuinely sorry to hear about the business and hope it takes off again soon.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't find it so quick, but there was a thread here were somebody actually made either a cargo bed or a dump bed to fit on a fifth wheel.

Even more elegant, though a bit more work is the solution I found which actually works: switching between dump truck or tractor. If you have workshop with a cat crane, it is actually very easy.

A working description an also be downloaded from our website, the link to the file is under the picture of my truck as tractor and as dump truck.

71DeuceAK

Following...

The slightly longer wheel base of the 923/925 could potentially yield itself to somewhat more yardage than the 929, which might work well for lightweight yet bulky materials (think: wood chips)...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks