• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marker light problems on Museum's M54A2C

dogtags

Steelsoldiers:

This light problem has me completely stumped. I am not used to M-series wiring, just WWII 6 volt stuff, so that could have a bit to do with it.....

When I put the light switch all the way over to the right, the following lights light up:
Headlights
Rear marker lights (taillights)
Brake lights (when I step on the pedal)
Turn signals - front and rear - left and right (when I flip the stalk in the cab)

What doesn't work at all is the front marker lights (amber lights on the fenders). I have tried changing the light bulbs, giggling the wiring, and sacrificing a small animal, all to no avail.

Any ideas why I would have all lights operational except for the front marker lights?

~Robert

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Marker light problems on Museum

Front marker lights are not on when the headlights are on.

There is a thread here on the site that details what is necessary to modify the system so that the marker lights will be on when the headlights are on.

I hope the small animal was old................ rofl

dogtags

Re: RE: Marker light problems on Museum

cranetruck said:
The front marker lights only come on when the lower left switch lever is in "Park" position....
Well I'll be. I've looked at that schematic quite a few times but always managed to over look that one little detail. Went out to the truck and put it in the park position and they lit right up. I guess I have a little learning curve ahead of me. :)

Thanks for all the prompt responses.

~Robert

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Marker light problems on Museum

Welcome to the site you will find so many friends here and tons of help. I used to live in Sturgeon Bay and have friends near you still. Hope to see you on the site often.