• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-804a issue

Clinton2292

Hello new to the forum . I’ll start by saying thanks for having me. I recently purchased a mep-804a at auction well it has some issues I’m hoping I can get some advice on. It has no power to the front panel at all anywhere it will turn over by the switch in the engine bay. Upon further inspection there are some wires burned off of what looks to be a resistor bank in the left upper corner behind the control panel on the back wall. I don’t have a pic of the actual gen it’s at my dads house currently in his barn until I figure out my next move with it I did get a pic off the web of the part in question. And advice of what I should do moving forward would be great IMG_6353.jpeg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you downloaded the -24 TM for your set? At the end of it are the schematics to help with troubleshooting your set. Also the TM has troubleshooting steps for situations such as No Crank.
A good picture of your resistor panel would be of help too.

Clinton2292

Have you downloaded the -24 TM for your set? At the end of it are the schematics to help with troubleshooting your set. Also the TM has troubleshooting steps for situations such as No Crank.
A good picture of your resistor panel would be of help too.
I will get the manuals for sure and some pics I was hoping to find out what exactly those resistors are for thank you

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Technical Manuals (TMs) are located in the TM section of this forum.
Here is a link to download the manuals for the 804 ---> MEP-804 TMs
It has the TMs for the Generator and TMs for the engines.
Generally TM's ending in -10 are the Operator TMs, -24 are the Maintenance TMs and -24P are the parts TMs.

The table I posted is from the -24 TM. Schematics are located at the end of it.

Here is the schematic of the resistor assembly from the -24 TM
1721312265332.png

Clinton2292

The Technical Manuals (TMs) are located in the TM section of this forum.
Here is a link to download the manuals for the 804 ---> MEP-804 TMs
It has the TMs for the Generator and TMs for the engines.
Generally TM's ending in -10 are the Operator TMs, -24 are the Maintenance TMs and -24P are the parts TMs.

The table I posted is from the -24 TM. Schematics are located at the end of it.

Here is the schematic of the resistor assembly from the -24 TM
View attachment 928083

Clinton2292

Have not been over to get pictures I really just wonder what they do they are labeled sync light resistors if there just for sync generators together then I really don’t care about that

Guyfang

Staff member
If something caused the components to burn up, then its always possible that it can happen again, if you do not find the cause and properly repair it.

Clinton2292

If something caused the components to burn up, then its always possible that it can happen again, if you do not find the cause and properly repair it.
Yes, that much is obvious, but if it’s something to do with syncing two generators together, and it will never be used again then I would rather not just worry about it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks