• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-804A Smoke, what is the cause?

Ray70

After re-reading a little I have a few addition comments.
Guy- I agree that it looks like the IP may have been changed at some point, the only few I have seen all had black painted pumps, this one appears clean , not painted.
Also, I would consider that smoke Gray. The TM notes IP timing, injector issues and other IP problems as causes of Gray smoke. ( overall fuel delivery issues )

Evvy, up above you said the engine would stall if the air cleaner isn't installed, can you elaborate? Does the machine start to die out if you pull the filter off while running?? if So, that is very ODD!

Evvy Fesler

After re-reading a little I have a few addition comments.
Guy- I agree that it looks like the IP may have been changed at some point, the only few I have seen all had black painted pumps, this one appears clean , not painted.
Also, I would consider that smoke Gray. The TM notes IP timing, injector issues and other IP problems as causes of Gray smoke. ( overall fuel delivery issues )

Evvy, up above you said the engine would stall if the air cleaner isn't installed, can you elaborate? Does the machine start to die out if you pull the filter off while running?? if So, that is very ODD!
Hi Ray,

Yes, that's right. It will stall if I remove both filters while it's running. It's repeatable.