• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Seats

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I picked up 4 a year ago when Daniel was selling them. They will bolt right up the a Spring Base. I think my son wants to mount a set in his M1009. These are great seat and I regret not buying a dozen of them. Uncle sam paid $2500 for each seat...

treessw

I picked up 4 a year ago when Daniel was selling them. They will bolt right up the a Spring Base. I think my son wants to mount a set in his M1009. These are great seat and I regret not buying a dozen of them. Uncle sam paid $2500 for each seat...[/QUOTE]

Holy freaking exspensive seat BATMAN!!!!!! Now I'm like you, wish I got more!!!!!!!aua

Ridgerunner

I bought two of the same MRAP seats for my Deuce. I am going to put them on the springer bases. I paid $100 each (seats, harnesses, bases and sliders) which seems cheap, but we had bought four 24-volt 18,000# Warn winches from him at the same time, so we got a deal on the seats.

They are truly bad a$$ MV seats

Attachments

chevymike

Yeah, those green ones look like Mastercraft or Beard seats. Tons of them in the offroad world. Typically not green in color but Mastercraft even has suspension seats (that is what style these are known as) that recline. The Baja RS seat.

M920

I thought these were the $2500 MRAP seats. The Green ones above look like Mastercraft seats.
I would have to agree with you. The MRAP seats are made by SEATS INC. and look just like the ones you got pictured.

You can't buy them from them though....only through Oshkosh....I tried...aua

pmramsey

I am installing a pair in a M1028. However, I am removing the base that came with them and adding a swival base. I should finish in about weekend or so. Proper seat height is an issue to work out. I am leaving the original seat belts in case there might be an issue when getting the state inspection renewed the first time. I still don't know how practical the harnesses that came with the seats will work out on a day-to-day basis. I hope they will be as practical as they are cool looking.

ssdvc

I thought these were the $2500 MRAP seats. The Green ones above look like Mastercraft seats.

KsM715, do those fold forward (or back)?? Those are the exact ones that I saw on the Deuce.

My information has it that some guy in Delaware had them and was selling them for $250 per pair, shipping not included.

KsM715

I do not know if they fold forward. I found that pic in an old thread from about a year ago when there was a whole bunch bought off GL by one of our SS members. Give me a chance to re-search for the thread and Ill find it and the members name for you and link it here.

Edit: DM22630 is the member who had them for sale a year ago. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/34988-gl-wins-05-07-2009-a.html

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am installing a pair in a M1028. However, I am removing the base that came with them and adding a swival base. I should finish in about weekend or so. Proper seat height is an issue to work out. I am leaving the original seat belts in case there might be an issue when getting the state inspection renewed the first time. I still don't know how practical the harnesses that came with the seats will work out on a day-to-day basis. I hope they will be as practical as they are cool looking.

Post pics when you do this. My son is going to mount 2 in hos M1009. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks