• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Much Progress on the Gasser this Weekend

Barrman

I was at a teacher conference most of last week. When I got home Friday, I basically came into the house and fell asleep. So, I was well rested and ready to work on the Gasser all day Saturday and most of today.

Wheel #10 got painted, headlight plates, rings, trim, front bumper again, B/O spotlight, 4 ammo trays of bolts and fasteners and a few other parts. I got everything together today except the rim which got another coat this morning. Made wiring pigtails for the headlights and got all but the bed mounted sticker markers on. Here is how it looks as of this afternoon.

I don't have insurance or registration for it yet since I needed a picture just like the one below to get both. So, I am going to flat tow it with the M715 to my class Tuesday for my students to learn how big drum brakes, air packs and single line master cylinders come apart and go back together. We are also going to replace all the metal brake lines and most if not all of the hoses. By the time that is done, the paperwork should all be completed and I can drive it home.

Just have the bed, hard top and mirror arms to clean up, paint and install. Does anybody have any of the long mirror arms? I have 6, but only need 4. However, all are frozen solid and are not adjustable. Heat, penetrating oil and big pipe wrenches haven't helped yet.

Attachments

nattieleather

Must be nice to have free labor....lol. It is looking good Tim. I wish we didn't live have a country apart I'd love to sniff the paint and kick the new tires...hehehe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks