• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Deuce heads 11252017

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a set of Multi Fuel engine (LDT Deuce) heads that came off a running engine. I have the used heads stored in original boxes that the new heads come in, can't just throw them away.
1. Question is does anybody know of anywhere in Florida to get them checked and rebuilt?
2. Question is there any need by anybody for them if I did get them refurbished, is there even a market for them, or would I be wasting time and money?

6 years or so ago there was a lot of take out running engines available,maybe not now, I don't know.

Please post any comments or advice, all ears here. Thanks

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of Multi Fuel engine (LDT Deuce) heads that came off a running engine. I have them stored in original boxes that the heads come in, can't just throw them away.
You are not alone! I have a set stored in original boxes in my garage as well....and can't just throw them away.

Any good machine shop can measure the sealing surface for straightness and plane them, if needed. Removing a small amount of metal is usully enough (see TM for limits). Many heads are cracked near the valve seats. There is an "acceptable" amount of cracking and it is described in the TM. Even that makes most shops cringe and they will suggest to magnaflux the heads and weld the cracks to make sure the heads are fully serviceable.

The reason my heads still sit in the garage is really that anything more than ensuring the sealing surface is straight is totally un-economical. I still can't throw them out...

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
You are not alone! I have a set stored in original boxes in my garage as well....and can't just throw them away. ~The reason my heads still sit in the garage is really that anything more than ensuring the sealing surface is straight is totally un-economical. I still can't throw them out...
Thankyou, At my age I have a new hobby going into 2018 but beginning now.
Everything that is not nailed down is getting sold, given away, or trashed.
It is amazing how much stuff I have saved up for "someday".
Thanks for your comments so Just for your laughs I have to say that today, I am cleaning out the attic.
Maybe the Heads can go pay it forward in SS, I am not going to put money into them.
Probably Fastenal shipping can help when I list them to go away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks