• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M29C Weasel

LightningCato

Finally! ...as promised for the people that were asking!

This is my M29C Weasel which we named Eudard for some unknown reason, lol! I bought the Weasel up in Idaho and got it shipped down to where I live a few months ago. I don't know much of the history behind it but I'm looking that up...I do know that it was fitted to carry a medical litter though. It runs and drives but needs work. It has a lot of un-original parts but right now my main concern is making it safer. (It was several potential fire hazards.) I can't explain in detail since I'm still learning mechanics...I'll have to type that such stuff when my friends dad is over here. He's helping me fix up the Weasel.

I'm, hoping to get rubber treads some day also so I can take it out on the roads for parades. Anyone know any good contacts for parts?

Video: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GDXptU8z0U[/media]

Here are a few pics from the day it arrived:

Attachments

skinnedknuckles

Very cool and a good find.
You might want to try out the m29weasel.com forum board. That's where a bunch of us weasel guys hang out. Some thing to think about is the weasel fest next year in Elkhorn, Iowa at Liberty Auto Restorations.
Paul in Janesville,wis

FrankUSMC

I have owned 3 Weasels in the past, funny story on them that I will post later.
Correct me if I am wrong, but, I thought is was a M29C when it had the float tanks on it? With out the tanks it was just a M29.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, I will check to see if I still have any parts.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice find and looks like a good project. My wife also likes the M29 since she saw one at Tower Park in Lodi.

LightningCato

Frank, that's what I've seen also. All the ID plates are marked as the M29C and it is the later production model which, most of those were M29C's. The person I bought it from refereed to it as the M29C as well as everyone else here so I just started calling it that as well, lol. I had another person tell me that it was an M29C but the float-tanks had been removed. I probably should really look into it and contact the previous owners before to find out unless there is another way to tell?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks