• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My poor deuce *picture*

TexAndy

My poor, naked deuce *pictures*

Before and after

This is the one out of san antonio that was listed as a 1952 REO.

I have no idea if that's accurate, but enough stuff was different about it, including the serial number that leads me to believe that it might have started life as a 50s era deuce. Or, at least the frame was a 1950s deuce.

6 digit serial number, wider fenders with a really rough cutout on one side to accomodate the turbo, thinner steering wheel, the wheels had rivets, and some other stuff I can't recall at the moment.

Engine is an LDT-465-D with a date of 5/12/1968 stamped on the block.

Anyways, I'm parting it out. The cab had quite a bit of rust all the way through, the tires are pretty much bald, and it had no generator. I had to borrow one from mkcoen just to make the water pump turn.

All that's left do is unbolt the engine and transmission from the frame as a unit and lift them out. I was thinking of just setting them on some concrete blocks and covering them with some tarps. Bad idea? Yeah, I know I should put the engine in a crate, but I don't have one.

Then I'll remove the axles, sell them, and stow the frame somewhere.

Even with ALOT of help, completely dismantling a deuce is alot of work.

eta: Ah, there we go pictures up.

Attachments

Last edited:

TexRdnec

all that's left is to lift the engine/tranny up and unbolt the axles.......oh, and you're a bad person for parting that poor, poor truck.

Keith_J

The fuel tank looks good on the outside. Should be worth something. There are lots of little parts that can be sold.

dbindock

What will you be selling the axles for? I have been trying to decide whether to get 2.5 ton axles or just getting a dana 60 kingpin up front and a 14 bolt FF for the rear of my 1991 K1500. It's on too big of tires for an independent front suspension. I may be highly interested in those axles. I live in SA :)

Scooter_Mann

With the body off... it looked like a good resting place for a crewcab chevy pickup cab and stretched pickup box !!! Split the front box right behind the wheel well, the second one right in front of the wheel well. :-D

dbindock

If you live in San Antonio you need to join the Alamo MVPA. We've got 3 deuces in the club now but we can always use another. And if you need help on anything local let me know. I'm usually at Ft Sam 1 week or so.
I don't own one yet. I've been wanting to get a deuce but I also already have a 1991 k1500 that I want to put a solid axle up front, and might go with deuce axles. Who knows, maybe I should join so it gives me a little kick in the butt to get myself a MV :)